Table of content
I use cloudinary to serve and manage my image upload instead of severing image through the same server.
There are many image uploads manager out there such as imagekit, imgix, uploadcare, filestack etc. I selected cloudinary because it was easy to integration with my existing workflow. And offers add-ons, to better manage images, such as using AI to tag images automatically and other such stuff.
- Removes EXIF data by default
- Support for WebP, AVIF and other image format
- Image transformation on the fly
- Lazy-loads images by default
- Serves image through CDN
- Automated image optimization
- Restricting image access
I didn't notice any performance difference because I serve my blog through CDN as well. But it has help me to better manage my images. And I am sure it was an overkill my blog.